DC Green Bank
CLEER financing offers building owners the ability to secure a low-interest loan to quickly propel their energy efficiency and renewable energy projects to completion. The program helps to minimize out-of-pocket costs with 100% financing, no additional debt on the property, and available loan terms of up to 12 years.
Applicable building size
100% financing to cover the cost of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
- Incentive/funding details. Loan.
- Contract structure. 100% financing, no additional debt on the property, and available loan terms of up to 12 years.
- Amount (max, min, average). Min $10,000; max $250,000.
- Simple payback. Yes, loan terms up to 12 years available.
- Pairing with other sources. Up to 30% of the loan can cover non-energy efficiency improvements; 50% of the utility rebates that get paid after installation can be included in the loan.
- When in the project process an application should be started/completed. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- Level of effort required. Obtaining a loan is a fairly simple process. Contractors must be authorized to perform work for their customers (building owners) by signing the Contractor Agreement and by providing any additional required documentation.
- Length of time to receive funding. Process is dependent on the complexity of the loan proposal.
- Contractor requirements. Contractors must be authorized to perform work for their customers (building owners) by signing the Contractor Agreement and by providing any additional required documentation.
- Advantages. Frees up cash for other uses on projects; low interest rates; achieve clean energy solutions at a low start-up cost.
- Program fit for customer. This program is a good fit if there is a need for quick funding to support energy efficiency or renewable energy efforts on a project; if there is a need to upgrade energy efficiency or renewable energy efforts; if there was an impact to current financing and project funding slowed down or was halted; if there is a desire to install a new technology that positively affects the clean energy economy or DC residents.
Visit the DC Green Bank website for more information on CLEER.