One Stop Shop
This program is designed to meet the energy improvement needs of both market rate and affordable multifamily housing properties. It is focused on deep retrofit measures to maximize savings. ICAST works with an owner through the duration of a project where they will perform a free energy audit, create a scope of work with the client’s approval, contract the energy retrofit work, and identify additional incentives for the owner. ICAST will also provide consulting services including:
- Compliance Guidance regarding the Building Energy Performance Standards (BEPS)
- Retrofit project planning
- Project financial planning
- Operating cost containment
Applicable building size
3+ residential units.
Various energy conservation measures for electricity, gas, water, and solar.
Incentive/funding details. Works to receive all available rebates and incentives and explore additional financing options with the owner.
Contract structure. ICAST will contract the energy retrofit work with the owner based upon the agreed upon scope of work. The contract is for the duration of the energy retrofit work.
Amount (max, min, average). ICAST will fund up to 80% of project.
Simple payback. Payback will depend on the energy conversation measures installed.
Pairing with other sources. ICAST will source any incentive that can be brought to a project.
- When in the project process an application should be started/completed. Owners should contact ICAST before commencing an energy retrofit project as ICAST will conduct a free energy audit to determine a scope of work.
- Level of effort required. Utilizing a “One Stop Shop” approach, it is a simple project approach that requires minimal work for the owner to get the rebates/incentives.
- Length of time to receive funding. ICAST will calculate the available rebates/incentives on the front end and will subtract those amounts from the total amount that the customer owes. ICAST assumes the risk and will collect the rebates once the project is complete.
- Contractor requirements. None.
- Advantages. The program provides substantial savings for energy efficiency upgrades, which can provide significant tenant benefits such as improved health, safety, and comfort. The program encourages whole building retrofits to drive substantial savings.
- Program fit for customer. All multifamily housing building owners.
Visit the ICAST website for more information on the One Stop Shop.