DOEE will consider alternative approaches to improving energy efficiency that might not be possible under the current compliance structure. To this end, building owners may propose a custom ACP option. The Custom ACP option is available to all property types.
DOEE will consider Custom ACP option proposals that address the following core criteria:
- meet the goals of the BEPS Program of reducing energy demand in the District’s building stock to further the District’s energy and carbon goals
- addresses an existing barrier(s) in the building industry that makes it difficult to comply through the Principal Pathways,
- maintains or improves equity in the built environment for DC residents and building occupants,
- prioritizes energy efficiency and expects to achieve energy savings comparable to or greater than the Principal Pathways,
- is thorough, complete, and technically achievable, and
- is measurable and verifiable by DOEE.
Important deadlines and requirements
Major BEPS Cycle Milestone
Deadline or Deliverable