There are numerous regulations that affect buildings in Washington, DC. This suite of resources focuses specifically on the new Building Energy Performance Standards (BEPS) and the latest building code updates. These pages provide an overview of the regulations and links to government and industry resources for bringing your buildings into compliance.
Building Energy Performance Standards
- An overview of the Building Energy Performance Standards (BEPS) program in DC.
- Up-to-date plain-speak articles on the final BEPS Standards and Rules and the final BEPS Compliance Guidebook, including how this intersects with the Benchmarking requirements.
- A new suite of tools to help you understand DC’s BEPS, including a BEPS Compliance Pathway Wizard, BEPS Compliance Pathway Timelines, Energy Audit Scopes of Work, and our Find-A-Vendor Portal, which is now open to accept project opportunities.
- An overview of the Benchmarking regulations, including the latest updates.
- Guidance on common errors in benchmarking and how to understand your energy benchmarking data.
DC Building Codes
- See the changes in the 2017 District of Columbia Energy Conservation Code updates.
- Get the basics on the new Building Envelope Commissioning requirements in DC.
- An overview of commissioning requirements and how to comply with District requirements.
Where DC’s Building Code Meets BEPS
Learn how DC’s Building Energy Performance Standards for existing buildings overlaps with DC Energy Conservation Code for new buildings.